Oh hey there! How is the back-to-school season looking for you and your family? It’s been busy, busy, busy around here! The kids have commandeered our computers for in-person learning, lunch and hallways are very socially distanced, and there is constant hand sanitizing all day at the high school! One thing that hasn’t changed though, my 15 & 17 year old girls are starving when they get home.
These crispy fish tacos with chipotle crema are made easily with the help of one of my favorite go-to freezer staples! The Crispy Battered Fillets are part of the Delicious Classics family of Gorton’s Seafood. They’re made of wild caught Alaska Pollock, and they come out of the oven with a crispy golden batter. One thing I learned early on living in a landlocked state, flash frozen fish is your friend. I love the fresh taste.
For this after school snack, I made handmade tortillas. I followed the recipe from the back of a Masa Harina bag, but if you’re looking for easy fish tacos, many store bought tortillas are just as good.
Why Use Frozen Battered Fillets?
- They’re freezer to oven to table, making them mess free without the dredging.
- They come out of the oven perfectly golden, brown, & delicious!
- The Gorton’s brand is one I trust, real fish sourced responsibly.
- These tender, delicious fish can be stored in the freezer and cooked without thawing.
- Cooking with seafood is easier than ever!
- Time saving & loved by the family!
What to serve with Crispy Fish Tacos?
- Chipotle crema (recipe follows)
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Gorton’s Seafood. All opinions are my own!
Gorton’s Crispy Battered Fish
Tortillas of choice
For the Chipotle Crema: 1/3 mayo (we use Dukes), 2/3 cup crema or sour cream, 3 chipotle in adobo sauce, 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice, all blended.
Toppings: cilantro, lime, radish, onions
- Bake fish, following package directions.
Warm up your tortillas per instructions.
Make chipotle crema.
- Assemble, keeping fish whole, or breaking into smaller pieces. Add your favorite toppings. Top with Chipotle Crema.