This is a type of salad that you can serve warm or cold. Bean thread noodles are also known as glass noodles or clear noodles. I love them because they’re inexpensive, versatile, and they soak up sauce deliciously! I often serve mine either as a side with duck breast, or sometimes topped with flat iron steak. You can also add shrimp, chicken, or pork.
Bean Thread SaladCourse: Salads, SidesDifficulty: Easy
1 block of bean thread noodles
1/2 onion, sliced into slivers
1 carrot, julienned
fish sauce, Red Boat is my preference
toasted rice powder
- Drain, then add to a pan.
- Combine all other ingredients over low heat.
- Boil the noodles 3 – 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
- Bean thread/cellophane/vermicelli/glass noodles can be found at Asian markets in the dried noodle section. Some specialty health food stores also carry them.